The February 2019 Wood Fired University
The February 2019 Wood Fired University is your opportunity to learn from the best in the industry. This workshop is perfect for the beginner and and intermediary in the business, it’s specifically designed for those who want to raise their Fire Within business to the next level.
We hosted our first Wood Fired University workshop in 2009. 8 years later, we have seen thousands of graduates pass through the Wood Fired University doors and successfully enter the mobile food industry. Wood Fired University will give you the skills to use a mobile wood-fired oven, and the knowledge to avoid most common unforeseen mistakes.
Wood Fired University is designed to walk you through all of the stages of starting your own wood fired pizza oven catering business. You will learn specific preparation and cooking techniques used in the catering business as well as how to take your hobby and create a business strategy around it. Practice using the equipment and techniques proven for success in the mobile pizza catering business and receive advice from professionals in the field. Real mobile caterers from across the US will teach you how to take your passion for pie and turn it into a successful business strategy. No previous experience necessary.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
The workshop begins on Friday with a “Meet and Greet” at a Local Wood Fired Pizzeria.
Saturday (February 23rd) 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Breakfast and lunch included)
- Overview of the wood fired catering business
- How to obtain permits and licenses
- Compare baking pizza at three types of events
- Determine necessary equipment
- Wood fired oven methods & techniques Part I
- Dough making and management
- The Five Pillars of Management
Sunday (February 24th) 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Breakfast and lunch included)
- Wood fired oven methods and techniques Part II
- Hands on training – dough handling and pizza making
- Marketing strategies
- Budgeting and start up costs
- Q&A with some practicing Fire Within business owners
Monday (February 25th) 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
The final day, along with wrapping up in the classroom, you get to put everything you’ve learned into action with your own event!
- Guests will enjoy the fruits of your labor at an event that your teams will create from scratch
- Booth set up, decor, staff assignment, menu creation and execution
- Learn advanced techniques
- Extends your menu and highlights how your wood fired oven can cook more than pizza
- Learn how to take your catering to the next level
WOOD FIRED UNIVERSITY
CURRICULUM AND BENEFITS
Our goal at Wood Fired University is to provide you a comprehensive understanding of how you can succeed.
Wood Fired University provides our community with the training needed to run your mobile wood fired pizza business. We do not consider our program a success until you understand how to cook the perfect pizza and run a business that makes you proud. Enroll today!
Across our program, you will be trained by a successful wood fired chef. You receive the first-hand direction from someone who has been in your shoes. Our instructors provide you an in-depth understanding of everything from making your first pie to the long-term care of your oven.