Become a Certified
Join the nationally renown training program that has helped thousands run their own wood-fired pizza business
For more than a decade, FireWithin has supported thousands of graduates with our unique, nationally-renown Wood Fired University. Learn the specific preparation and cooking techniques used in the catering business and turn your hobby into a fully-fledged business strategy. We teach you the skills to use a mobile wood fired oven and the knowledge to avoid the most common mistakes.
Our One-of-a-Kind Training Program
Wood Fired University is designed to walk you through all of the stages of starting your own wood fired pizza oven catering business.
You will learn specific preparation and cooking techniques used in the catering business as well as how to take your hobby and create a business strategy around it.
Practice using the equipment and techniques proven for success in the mobile pizza catering business and receive advice from professionals in the field. Real mobile caterers from across the US will teach you how to take your passion for pie and turn it into a successful business strategy.
Learn Wood-Fired Catering Business Essentials
When you attend Wood Fired University, you will learn the fundamental business strategies needed to succeed in the wood-fired catering business. We cover permits, equipment costs, marketing strategies, budgeting, and more.
Learn the Ways of the Dough
Get hands-on training with making pizza dough from scratch, dough management, dough shaping, and pizza making. We bring in chefs and real mobile caterers to share best practices and principles for making dough.
Practice Firemaking and Other Key Skills
What makes Wood Fired University different is our focus on practicing the skills you’ll need to succeed in the wood-fired catering business. We transfer all of our “classroom” skills into the real-world on the final day of the University and you get to set-up and manage your own booth with other team members.
Wood Fired University begins Friday in the early evening with a "Meet and Greet" at a Local Wood Fired Pizzeria.
Saturday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Breakfast and lunch included)
- Overview of the wood fired catering business
- How to obtain permits and licenses
- Compare baking pizza at three types of events
- Determine necessary equipment
- Wood fired oven methods & techniques Part I
- Dough making and management
- The Five Pillars of Management
Sunday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (Breakfast and lunch included)
- Wood fired oven methods and techniques Part II
- Hands on training - dough handling and pizza making
- Marketing strategies
- Budgeting and start up costs
- Q&A with some practicing Fire Within business owners
Monday 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
The final day, along with wrapping up in the classroom, you get to put everything you've learned into action with your own event!
- Guests will enjoy the fruits of your labor at an event that your teams will create from scratch
- Booth set up, decor, staff assignment, menu creation and execution
- Learn advanced techniques
- Extends your menu and highlights how your wood fired oven can cook more than pizza
- Learn how to take your catering to the next level
Wood Fired University provides our community with the training needed to run your mobile wood fired pizza business. We do not consider our program a success until you understand how to cook the perfect pizza and run a business that makes you proud.
Across our program, you will be trained by a successful wood fired chef. You receive the first-hand direction from someone who has been in your shoes. Our instructors provide you an in-depth understanding of everything from making your first pie to the long-term care of your oven.
Enroll for September 2021 »
Hosted September 10th – 13th
Enroll for November 2021 »
Hosted November 12th – 15th